• One student enrolled in an Academic Technical Program – one-year term
• One student enrolled in a Vocational Program – one-year term
NOTE: Students elected to the Board will receive an honorarium of $2000.
• Four Students - one-year term
NOTE: Students receive $25 per meeting remuneration.
Please visit the online election site on the COTR Staff and Student Portal at:
This site has the profiles of current elected officials, nomination forms, and other election-related links. Check the election site after the nominations are in as all nominee profiles will be posted on September 22, 2021.
Use the following steps if you plan to run for a position:
Step 1: Familiarize yourself with the responsibilities of the position you want to run for.
Step 2: Select Nomination form Option A or B from the election site.
Step 3: Complete the nomination process listed in Election Directions for All Nominees and submit to Jason Colombo by 4:00 pm on September 22, 2021
Step 4: Email a picture (head/shoulder shot) and brief bio (1 to 2 paragraphs) by 4:00 pm on September 22 to email@example.com. As a nominee or elected representative, you grant permission to post your photo and bio to the election webpage https://go.cotr.bc.ca/elections/.
Step 5: Campaign from September 23 to October 05, 2021
Step 6: Vote using a computer, smartphone or mobile device October 06 and 07, 2021 (yes you can vote for yourself if you so choose).
Step 7: Check for Election Results on October 08, 2021
Important Election Dates for Fall 2021:
• Call for Nominations: Wednesday, September 15, 2021
• Nomination Deadline: Wednesday September 22, 2021, 4:00 pm
• Campaign period: Thursday, September 23, 2021 to Tuesday, October 05, 2021
• Election Period: Wednesday, October 06, 2021 – Thursday, October 07 and 29, 2021
• Election Results announced: Friday, October 08, 2021
Chief Electoral Officer
Registrar & Manager of Institutional Research
College of the Rockies