Participating in Discussion Forums
A key part of online learning are the Discussion Forums. Discussion Forums are identified by this icon:
To find out how to take part in Discussion Forums, watch this short video:
Alternatively, you can follow these directions:
- To open a Discussion Forum, click on the icon and the words beside it.
- The Discussion Forum will open and look something like this:
- If someone has already posted to the forum, it will look something like this:
- To contribute to the discussion, create a post by clicking on the Add a new discussion topic button:
- The page that will open will look like this, where you may begin adding your content to the Message box:
- Don't forget to Save changes to your post when you are done.
- If you don't have a strong internet connection or you have a very long post, write your post in Word first, then copy it into the Message box. Directions for copying and pasting, can be found here.
- If you encounter a database error, try removing any emoticons you have used. If the problem persists, contact the COTROnline Help Desk:
Microsoft Teams: @COTROnline
Phone: 250-489-2751 ext. 3737
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.