Participating in Discussion Forums
A key part of online learning are the discussion forums.
To find out how you do this, you can watch this short video,
or take a look at the following directions:
- Discussion forums are identified by this icon:
- To open a discussion forum, click on the icon and the words beside it.
- The discussion forum will open and look something like this:
- And if someone has already posted to the forum, the contributions will include this information:
- To contribute to the discussion, you create a post by clicking on the Add a New Discussion Topic button:
- The page that will open will look like this and you will need to add the content:
- Don't forget to Save your post when you are done.
If you don't have a strong internet connection, or you have a very long post, you can create it in Word, then copy it into the Message box. Directions for doing this, can be found here.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.