Course: COTROnline Faculty Help Manual, Section: Intercultural & IndigeniziationMain course page
COTROnline Faculty Help Manual
On this page you will find a series of directions for helping you navigate the website and develop your courses.
To find information quickly, Open All, then use Ctrl-F to search
If you can't find the help you need here, please contact the COTROnline Help Desk for assistance. Contact information can be found at the bottom of every site page.
Check & Update as neededCourse Outline Link: https://sharepoint.cotr.bc.ca/outlines/Course%20Outlines/ABCD123.pdf
Course Start Date
- update with course ID (e.g. MATH111, HCA107, etc.)
- links to the official course outline on SharePoint; identified as mandatory by Doug McLachlan, VP Academic in 2014
- If you have extra sections at the start of your course page (e.g. course resources, assignment information, etc.), you will need to move your start date back one week for each extra section.
- The ILP integration is adding extra blocks to the left-hand column in courses. Until we find a solution, these need to be removed manually. Directions are here. For more detailed information about using and configuring course blocks, click here
- Check grade book categories are set to reflect course outline to protect against grade challenges
- DO NOT delete ILP created groups (they look like this: ABCD-102-OL01R (CS130056) )
- Create parent Groups for sections that have R, D and/or I designations so students within a section can interact with each other
- Use for discussions, group projects
- Use with Restrictions to separate different sections if you have a multi-section course
Student Success & Academic Integrity Books - updates are available with broken links removed
- copy as needed; directions for copying can be found here
- use whenever students are required to create an account on a site outside the College of the Rockies network; most important if the site is located outside Canada.
- provides the informed consent component required by both the federal and BC Privacy & Freedom of Information legislation