Logging in and out of COTROnline
Start - set up your College Network Account:
You may watch the video above, or follow the directions below:
To access your online courses or to access course websites for your face-to-face or online courses, you will login using your college network User ID (i.e. c1234567).
To begin, ALL students are asked to go to: https://cotr.bc.ca/login/
If you are a new student or have been away from the college for a while, start with the Change Your Password link.
You will use your user ID for the User Name (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Old Password (example: c0123456) when you create a new network password.
If you get an error message, please contact the IT Student Help Desk (email@example.com).
Once your network password is changed, you can log into everything except AccessCOTR and EllucianGo - these use your student ID, but the password needs set up separately.
If you have problems updating your password or logging in, particularly if red lettering appears, please contact the IT Student Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-489-2751 / 1-877-489-2687 local 3701)
To log in to COTROnline, go to https://www.cotronline.ca/
- To begin, click on the button found in the top-right of the page:
- Enter your COTR Student ID (c0123456) and the password you have just set up.
- Now click on the arrow or press Enter/Return on your keyboard.
Note: your ID is always going to start with a lower-case letter "c".
- Once you logged in, you should see your name and COTROnline avatar picture in the user menu at the top-right of the page.
Important: If you need help logging into COTROnline, please contact the COTROnline Help Desk (hours and contact information can be found at the bottom of every site page)
To log out of COTROnline
- To begin, click on your name found in the top-right of the page.
- In the menu that displays, click Log Out:
Tip: To ensure that no one else can access your COTROnline account via your browser history, quit the browser after you log out, especially if you are using a public or shared computer.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.